Saturday, April 23, 2011

Such a Houdini!

Last week, during one of our afternoon walks, Ashley managed to wiggle out of her pink harness.  Here's how it happened: Babu had Ashley's leash. Ashley began to walk in one direction and Babu walked in the other direction. And then, alakazam! Babu was left holding a leash attached to an empty pink harness. Luckily, it did not take us long to catch Ashley and strap her back into the harness. Phew!

Since Ashley seemed to demonstrate an interest in walking untethered, Brian decided to let her walk off-leash during our afternoon walk the next day.  I was nervous during the entire walk.  (In the past, when let off the leash, Ashley has wandered off and not returned when we've called her name.) This time though, she did a good job and stayed near us the entire time.  Although I was uneasy, I must admit that it was nice to see Ashley running around with Tahoe. I think we were lucky too that we did not encounter anyone else on the walk.

Look mom... no leash!

Tahoe, Ashley, and Brian

My two weims

 I'm not so sure that I'll make a habit of letting Ashley roam off-leash during our walks but, maybe we can let her try it every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment