Sunday, November 20, 2011

Meeting Mr. Kringle

Over the past several weeks, the focus of my blog has shifted slightly as I have been updating you with some of the training that I've been doing to prepare for my first 1/2 marathon. It's hard to believe that the race is only two weeks away! Yesterday morning was my last "long-run" with my Team Challenge teammates. Unfortunately, it wasn't one of my better runs. I think I had mentally psyched myself out before I even started - it was cold (32 degrees) and I was tired. I managed to run 12 miles.

What did I think of my run?

So you get the picture... I wasn't having the best morning. And then, waddling down the trail, who did my eyes fall upon? No other than Santa Claus himself, jogging his way towards me with his rosy cheeks and long white beard.  I quickly grabbed my camera and ran up to him and asked him for a photo. He kindly obliged and then reached into his pocket and pulled out a leather pouch. He called me a "princess" and pulled a coin out of the pouch and placed it in my hand. I thanked him and ran to my teammates to show them what I got. When I turned around Santa was gone - continuing up the trail no doubt, training for his 24-hour around-the-world marathon on December 25.

Santa Claus!

My North Pole Christmas coin...

Good for one wish!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! You got to talk to Santa and he gave you a coin! :)

    ReplyDelete