Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let the Healing Begin

Let the healing begin... puhleeese!!!
A few weeks ago, I came down with the flu. It really wiped me out and even caused me to miss two and half days of work.  I was feeling about 80% better at the time of my 10 mile race.  And then last weekend, after my Sunday bike ride and run, my throat began to get sore. As of today, my throat still hurts, I'm coughing, and I'm losing my voice. Ugh!

Generally speaking, I'm pretty healthy and I don't get sick that often. These two bouts of illness have been quite frustrating, particularly because I've been trying to prepare for a running race on Saturday - the USA Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon in Washington, DC. Basically, being sick has really thrown the past few weeks of my training plan out the window. I'm not as prepared as I would like to be for the race (and I'm not expecting any PR's) but, I'm hoping that I can at least get close to healthy by Saturday. My fingers and toes are crossed...

RFK stadium - the start and finish for Saturday's race

DC is getting ready to Rock!

I stopped by the Race Expo at the DC Armory (near RFK Stadium) this afternoon to pick up my race number and packet. As I walked around the Expo, I realized that I haven't decided what I'm going to wear for the race. (O.k., you can roll your eyes - as a girl, it's only natural for me to worry about race-day fashion). Race morning will be clear and mild, with temps in the 60's, so I'm planning to wear shorts and a short-sleeved shirt. But what shirt should I wear?

Hmm... which shirt should I wear for the race?

1 comment: