Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Weekend Full of Holiday Cheer

Things have been pretty busy around here lately... with work and the holidays and preparing to travel, I've had less and less time recently to post to the blog.  This weekend was no exception.

On Saturday, after walking the dogs, I braved the crowds at the mall to do a little Christmas shopping.  Although the mall was busy, I was able to pick up a few items for folks on my gift list.  When I got home, I prepared cards and gift bags for Sunday evening's annual "holiday get-together" with our friends. 

Today, I walked the dogs, went to the gym, watched and listened to the Georgetown basketball game, prepared dessert for the dinner party, (did laundry somewhere in between) and celebrated and exchanged gifts with friends.  But... enough about me... I know that what you're really wondering is what have Tahoe and Ashley been up to?

Tahoe was pooped out on Saturday after our walk - he spent most of the walk chasing sticks that my dad kept throwing for him.  Ashley was a daredevil - with a little coaxing, she went down the slide on the playground.  She's one crazy dog! On today's walk we saw three large white-tailed deer bound through the woods.  It was wet out but luckily the rain was just a slight drizzle.  The temps have been in the low to mid 40's this weekend so it's been a bit more comfortable for all of us.

Tahoe was pooped! (He didn't even notice the box on his head)

The lake was still iced over

Ashley, before attempting the slide

I just got home a little while ago (from the dinner party) and I was happy to share gifts with Tahoe and Ashley.  Both received new collars - Tahoe's is blue and Ashley's is purple. They also received gourmet doggie treats from Chateaux Animeaux. (Thank you Pat and Hester!) They are both enjoying the treats. I've also included a few pics of their friend Riley - our friend's dog, at the dinner party tonight

Riley

Riley and Hattie

Ashley with her new purple collar

Tahoe with his new blue collar

Ashley enjoying a gourmet treat

P.S. - DQH, I was late tonight because I was doing laundry and waiting for the cake to cool.  I'm usually late because I'm waiting for Brian to get out of the shower! So... yes, it is Brian, not me.

P.P.S. - LBH, here's a link to the commercial that was continuously played during the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment