Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dental Care

Did you know... the month of February is National Pet Dental Health Month! Keep your pets happy and healthy by regularly brushing your pet's teeth and by regularly visiting your veterinarian. 

Ok, I must admit that I've never been very successful with brushing Tahoe's or Ashley's teeth.  That said, I do provide them with rawhides (which helps reduce plaque) and greenies (which cleans teeth & freshens breath) and... most importantly... I take them for regular check-ups to the vet.

During our last visit to the vet, we actually discovered that Tahoe had two rotten teeth.  The rotten teeth were extracted and Tahoe was back to his "normal" rambunctious self within a few days.  I'd hate to think what might have happened if we hadn't taken him for his annual vet check-up -- rotten teeth can lead to infections and potentially serious health problems, if not addressed.

Tahoe

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment