Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Re-cap and J.J.

Warm summer temperatures have settled in our area making it difficult for me to stay indoors (and update the blog!). Actually, there were other projects (in addition to the great weather) that kept me quite busy this past week and weekend. After returning from Tucson, AZ on Tuesday, I returned to work on Wednesday and struggled to catch-up. In addition to work, I had another extracurricular project that I'd been focused on... creating Chinese zodiac-themed centerpieces for a Bat Mitzvah for our friend's daughter, Megan. I'd actually been working on the centerpieces for a couple of months.

Well, Saturday was the big day - I successfully assembled all of the centerpieces, just in time. Phew! The Bat Mitzvah dinner and reception was amazing and Megan was beautiful and glowing. I'm honored that I was able to participate and help create a fun and festive atmosphere for Megan's party.

Centerpiece with table cards

Ballroom and centerpieces

Dancing the night away!

While I was away in Tucson, Georgetown University (my alma mater) announced a new addition to the campus community. Meet Jack, Jr. or J.J., Georgetown's new bulldog mascot-in-training. I'm sure that Jack the Bulldog will ensure that J.J. gets all of the training he needs. (He sure is a cute little guy!)

J.J., Georgetown's mascot-in-training

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the centerpieces! Ever considered starting your own business?

    ReplyDelete