Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dog Days Triathlon - Recap

Well, today was the "big" day - I participated in the Dog Days Triathlon. The morning started out early... up at 4:00am and in the car by 4:45am to head to the event venue, Southern Walk Pool in Ashburn, VA. My two biggest fans, Brian and Babu accompanied me to cheer me on and take pictures. The weather was slightly overcast, warm and humid.

The triathlon was a sprint-distance event: the swim was 400 meters, the bike was 12 miles, and the run was 3.1 miles. I anticipated a finish time of 1 hour and 30 minutes. So how did I do? Scroll down below to find out...

Racers lining up at the start of the race

In transition from bike to run - I'm in red with the yellow bike

The final leg... the 5k run

Showing off my medal to my niece

My biggest fan

Race results: There were 302 competitors. Out of 148 women, I came in 18th place. In my age group, out of 32 women, I placed 6th. And my time... 1 hour 20 minutes and 16 seconds. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment