Monday, August 15, 2011

Whoopie Pies and Parties

In my last post, I mentioned that I made whoopie pies for an "event" that I was attending this past weekend. This was the first time that I had ever made whoopie pies - personally, I think that they were a success. (Babu must have thought so too... he couldn't stop eating them.)

Yummy... whoopie pie

Ashley couldn't resist

So what were the whoopie pies for, you ask? I made them for Claire's bachelorette party. Yep, that's right... you regular blog readers will remember that Claire is Henry's fiancĂ©e.  The two are planning to tie the knot next weekend in Luray, Virginia. To help "send her off in style," Claire's friends and I got together for one last Saturday night of unbridled fun... at a gay karaoke bar, of course!

The girls donning glow necklaces

Someone's ready to party

Rocking on stage

The girls weren't the only one's out celebrating...
Brian and Henry's friends also got together for a bachelor party of sorts for Henry on Saturday - tailgating and watching a DC United soccer game. (DC United defeated the Vancouver Whitecaps, 4 - 0.)

Henry with Bill Hamid (DC United starting goalkeeper)

No comments:

Post a Comment