Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Colorado Rocky Mountains

Yesterday, I flew from Tucson, Arizona and landed in Denver, Colorado. I met up with my mum at the Denver Airport and we made our way to Estes Park, Co. Estes Park is a town that sits close to the entrance of the Rocky Mountain National Park. The elevation of Estes Park is 7,522 feet (2,293 meters). It's surrounded by mountains, aspen trees, pine trees, and lots of wildlife including grizzly bears (yikes!) and black bears, elk, moose, deer, and lots of other critters.

Estes Park, Colorado

The chipmunks love peanuts

Today we took a tram ride up Prospect Mountain. Prospect Mountain is approx. 8,880 feet high. We fed the chipmunks and birds peanuts at the top. We also did a hike around Lily Lake. Later, I was feeling a bit adventurous in the afternoon so I went running around Estes Lake (3.5mile loop)... I'm going to have to try it again tomorrow because I felt like I was running with half a lung! Must be the altitude.

Aerial tram ride up Prospect mountain

On the tram with mum

Bird in flight at the top

Lily Lake

The trout I caught was that big - catch & release policy so sorry, no pictures

A memorial to Enos Mills at the dog park in town



No comments:

Post a Comment