Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weekend Travels & More

Happy weekend! What do you have planned for this weekend? I have replaced my usual Northern VA puppy dog scenery with thorns and desert heat.

Saying "bye-bye" to Ashley and Tahoe - see you soon!

Saying "hello" to a prickly pear

Yep, I'm off on travel and spending this weekend in Tucson, AZ to visit Babu. I flew in to Tucson late last night. When I woke up this morning (at 6:00am), Babu wanted to go on a hike.
Here's how the conversation went...
Babu: You want to go on a 2 mile hike?
Me: Sure. (Thinking: 2 miles, how tough can that be?)
And here's what really happened... 4 miles (and many, many vertical feet later), Babu is scratching his head saying "uh-oh, I think we got off the trail." Needless to say, by the time we finally turned around on the trail to head back down the mountain, my one water bottle was bone dry. Luckily, Arizona has a law that it is illegal to refuse a person a glass of water. Babu and I drove from the hike to a rental car company where we were each given a cold bottle of water upon request.

On the Linda Vista Trail

Posing with Babu

Now it's off to the gym to participate in the 3rd Annual Sweat Your Thorns Off virtual 5K race, hosted by the Boring Runner. Since I'm in Tucson, surrounded by cacti and desert, I thought it only appropriate to get off my butt and run a 5K. Plus, I really do need to sweat off the cactus thorns that I picked up from this morning's hike. Update to follow...


No comments:

Post a Comment