Friday, September 30, 2011

Catching up...

This was a busy week. It started on Sunday, September 25th with the Head of the Potomac. (That's right, I mentioned last week that I am rowing again!). I participated in two events - Club 8+ and Master's 4+. It was nice to be back on the water but I must admit, two head races was exhausting.

Copyright Peter Courtney, sportgraphics.com

Monday - Wednesday was back to work. I was pretty distracted at the office and busy at home, planning for a Fundraising Event to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA). (You can read more about my story here.)

On Thursday, September 29th I met up with Jim and his friends and family at 10:00am for a tree-planting ceremony on GMU's campus. A tree was planted in memory of Jim's wife and my friend, Melissa Bealafeld Espinoza. The ceremony was a peaceful celebration commemorating Melissa's life and her dedication to Student Affairs. During the ceremony, for the first time all week, the sun began to shine.

Melissa's plaque

The grassy area near the duck pond where the tree was planted

Later that afternoon, I headed to Coyote Grille to set-up for the Fundraising Event. I'm happy to report that it was a huge success! Over 120 people turned out for the event and everyone generously gave to CCFA. Jim and I have been overwhelmed by the kindness and support that we've received from our family and friends. Thank you to all who were able to join us!

We had a great turn-out for our Fundraising Event

$600 dollars in raffle tickets were sold!

Of course, I also found time to take Tahoe and Ashley out for their daily evening walks. The weather is starting to get cooler now that it's Fall (it was in the 60's today). Tahoe and Ashley are enjoying the cooler temps.

Ashley with her nose in the grass

Wet paw prints... and Tahoe's nose

No comments:

Post a Comment