Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Team Challenge and CCFA

**Warning this post has nothing to do with Tahoe or Ashley - please continue reading...

As some of you may know, I've been training to attempt my 1st 1/2 marathon in Las Vegas, Nevada as a member of Team Challenge in December! What makes this endeavor extra special for me is that I will be running the race with my friend, Jim Espinoza. We will both be running in memory of Jim's wife and my friend, Melissa Bealafeld Espinoza. However, running in the race is only half of our goal. As a participant of Team Challenge, each member must meet a fundraising goal to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. 


This is an endeavor that I never thought I would take on, but I'm inspired and up to the challenge. Melissa was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when she was 8 years old. She struggled with the painful symptoms caused by colitis throughout her life. Melissa never gave up hope for a cure - she was a donor to CCFA because she wanted to contribute to finding a cure for ulcerative colitis so that others wouldn't have to go through what she did.

Warrior pose before Sprint Four the Cure - 9/17/11

You can learn more about my efforts and make a donation by visiting my website: http://www.active.com/donate/DC11TCVEGAS/dcJCho

MARK YOUR CALENDAR - 9/29/2011
For those of you that live in northern VA and the DC metro area, I also want to invite you to support this worthy cause by joining us at Coyote Grille and Cantina on Thursday, September 29th. Jim and I will be hosting a Happy Hour Fundraising Event from 5:00pm-9:00pm featuring live music by Claire Gilbride and a raffle with prizes. Additionally, print this flyer and present it to your server (for lunch or dinner on 9/29) to have 20% of your total bill donated to CCFA in memory of Melissa.

On a sidenote, I would like to take this opportunity to give a great big THANK YOU to all my friends and family who have supported me and are cheering me on. Your support and encouragement keep me motivated and mean the world to me.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment