Saturday, September 24, 2011

Run'in

Last weekend, as part of my training for the December Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon, I ran a 5K in Georgetown with my friend Jim. The race wasn't timed - it was more of a casual "fun run" so afterward, I was feeling like I needed a little more physical activity to log a proper workout. Since I was already in Georgetown, I decided to keep my car parked and run into Washington, DC. I ran for about an hour and eventually found myself running around the Washington monument! My route took me past...

The Kennedy Center

The Vietnam Memorial

The World War II Memorial

The pencil Washington Monument

The Lincoln Memorial

The Jefferson Memorial

Today our Team Challenge group met up for a 70 minute run in Arlington, VA. I ran approximately 8 miles.  Below are two pooches that joined our group. Choco is 11 and a half years old and Duke is 11 weeks old. They were so cute -- I wish I could have brought Tahoe and Ashley to run with me. That would have been a sight!

Choco and Duke

Puppy eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment