Saturday, October 29, 2011

Brrrr....

What? "Brrrrr?" That's the title of a post that I should be writing in December, not October. Let me just take this opportunity to say... it's freaking cold around here! It is rainy and windy and temps are hovering around 38 degrees. Brrrr!

With such miserable conditions, most people would stay inside. Of course, I am five weeks away from my 1/2 marathon in Las Vegas which means that I'm at the point in my training plan where I'm running 10-12 miles a couple times a week. Unfortunately, this morning was one of those long run days with my Team Challenge teammates. I ran 11.5 miles in 1 hour and 37 minutes. The mileage didn't bother me. The pounding rain and winds and large puddles on the trail however, were another story. (I think we were actually suppose to run for 1 hr and 50 minutes? Oh well).

Luckily for me, it didn't snow during the run. The snow didn't start falling until around 1pm today. That's right... snow! Hopefully, these are not the type of conditions that I will encounter when I run in Las Vegas.  It's so cold and wet that even Tahoe and Ashley didn't want to go outside today.

Yep, that's snow on my hat!

Snow accumulated on the car windshield

No comments:

Post a Comment