Sunday, October 30, 2011

Goblin Gallop

This morning I participated in a local 5k race called the Goblin Gallop - I ran the 5k and Brian cheered me on. The Goblin Gallop is a fun and family-friendly road race where kids and adults alike are invited to run the race in Halloween costumes. I've had costumes ready for this race for Brian and me since last March -- needless to say, I was super-excited to finally pull our costumes out and dress up.

Introducing... Thing 1 & Thing 2


A 1K fun run "kicked" things off

At the start of the 5K race


As for the race results...
I finished with a time of 24:33 - that's a 7:55/per mile pace. I'm not a really strong 5k racer so I'm proud to say that 24:33 is a PR for me. Overall for Women, I placed 39 out of 772. In my age division for Women, I placed 7 out of 119.

Me at the finish line

A cute little sheriff we met at the race

No comments:

Post a Comment