Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday - Outdoor Fun

Running
This morning started off with running -  yep, I'm still training for my upcoming 1/2 marathon. I met up with my Team Challenge "teammates" on the Capital Crescent Trail in Bethesda, MD at 8am.  It was a cool 50 degrees, dry, and overcast. Our goal was to run for 1 hour and 40 minutes. During the run I maintained a comfortable pace and ran approximately 11.5 miles. It was a good workout.

After the run - at mile marker 3.5 on the CCT

Tennis
Once I arrived home from the run, Henry came over and the three of us - Brian, Henry, and me - headed out to the nearby tennis courts to hit some balls. We played a few games, rotating teams, and we kept playing until each of us won a set. There were also a few times when each of us hit a ball way off of the court. We each had our own excuses for poor aim and lack of ball control: Henry had a big blister on his foot, Brian couldn't see because of the sun, and I was tired from running earlier in the morning. (Personally, I think I had the best excuse).

Brian, carefully returning the ball

Serving up some heat!

Walking
Later in the afternoon, Brian and I took Tahoe and Ashley out for a walk around the lake. With the cooler temps, the leaves are starting to fall and change colors.  It was bright and sunny out - a nice afternoon to be outside with my husband and two favorite pooches.

The leaves by the lake are changing colors

Superdog!

Brian and Ashley

Walking on the hill

Weims in the woods

No comments:

Post a Comment