Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Last night we carved our pumpkin. This year I decided to make a design based on the Oogie Boogie character from Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Honestly, this was one of the quickest pumpkin carvings that I've ever done - it took me less than 20 minutes and I think it came out pretty good.

Before

After

This evening, we took Tahoe and Ashley out for a walk to calm them before the trick-or-treaters arrived. Our walk took us down a road I'd never been down before... Spooky Lane!

Spooky Lane!

Halloween decorations

Ashley distracted by the talking skull

After the walk, we prepared for the trick-or-treaters. We put the pumpkin outside and got the candy bowl ready. The trick-or-treaters started early this year -- 6pm! (I guess that's because it's a school night). Brian and I greeted them while dressed as Thing 1 and Thing 2 and Ashley wore her bumblebee costume. Tahoe wore a fur coat ; )

The pumpkin on front stoop with Tahoe and Ashley looking on

Ashley in her bee costume

Tahoe trying on a wig

To all of the ghosts and ghouls out there, Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, this was really neat! 'Love the pumpkin carving!

    ReplyDelete