Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day Weekend

Beautiful blue skies and temperatures in the 70's... ahh!
It was a gorgeous weekend perfect for getting out and about. On Saturday I continued with my training for the Vegas 1/2 marathon with a 13 mile run on the Mt. Vernon trail. I maintained a comfortable pace (9:30/per mile) and it felt pretty good. After the run, I joined Babu for a bike ride on his favorite loop. I rode for an hour and then headed home - my neck and shoulders were starting to get stiff so I figured it was time to rest.

On Sunday I participated in the Occoquan Challenge, a 5k rowing head race on the Occoquan Reservoir. I rowed in the Club 8+ and the Club 4+. And the results... we came in 1st in the 8+ and 2nd in the 4+. The water was flat and the weather was perfect. Even Brian and Babu came out to watch and cheer me on.

Tahoe and Ashley also got out for their usual walks. Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera have died so I haven't been able to capture any pictures from the walks (or from any of my activities). So, the images posted below are all courtesy of Babu.
Thanks Babu!

My #1 fan

After crossing the finish line

Beautiful day... to a carry a boat

Is that Brian de-rigging?

All smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment