Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hazards of Walking with Dogs & OVO

During our walk this morning, Tahoe, Ashley, and I ran into this guy and his two dogs.  We've seen them before on other walks and it is always the same thing with them. As we approach, his dogs always start barking aggressively. Then, Tahoe gets excited and Ashley goes bizzerk. It takes all of my strength to keep Tahoe and Ashley from dragging me to the ground.

For the sake of this blog, let's call the guy Mr. X.
Mr. X has one black lab and one white dog that is similar in size to a Border Collie. (His dogs are smaller than Tahoe and Ashley). Mr. X lives in townhouse that is close to the lake.  Whenever I see him on the trail, he never adjusts his path.  I am always having to rearrange my walk when I see him to avoid him.  However, what bugs me the most about Mr. X is that he'll squat on the trail by the lake - hang out there for 20 minutes while his dogs run around off leash - and then proceed on his merry way back to his house, not realizing that there may be people that would like to walk on the trail to get to the woods without getting attacked by his dogs. I've never met Mr. X but I've already decided that I don't like him.  I have come to this conclusion based on the fact that his dogs bark at Tahoe and Ashley for no good reason and based on the fact that he is not considerate of others when he "walks" his dogs.

So, today we ran into Mr. X and his dumb dogs. I guess it's just one of the hazards of walking with dogs.  Not all dogs are friendly and not all dog owners are considerate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This evening I went to see Cirque du Soleil's "Ovo" at the National Harbor.  It was a really neat show - it's theme revolved around a world of insects including: beatles, ladybugs, praying mantis, etc. The music, costuming, and acrobatics were terrific.

The Plateau parking lot at the National Harbor

The Cirque du Soleil tents

No comments:

Post a Comment