Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Today (with some help from my dad) I walked the dogs, carved a pumpkin, toasted pumpkin seeds, and gave out candy.

Below are a few pictures of Tahoe and Ashley from our walk earlier today. During the walk we saw four deer - good ol' Tahoe just couldn't resist giving them a fright and chasing after them.  We also ran into Tommy's owner. (Tommy was a dog that we would meet during our walks back when Tahoe was a few years old. Tommy and Tahoe would run around off leash and play together). She looked at Tahoe and said that he looked really good and young for his age. Sadly, Tommy is no longer around but they have welcomed a new golden to the family. Maybe we'll meet the new pup during a future walk.


After the walk, we returned to the house to carve the pumpkins.  My dad carved the big round one and I carved the oval one with the long stem. My dad's inspiration was a dog and my inspiration was a Polynesian mask.

Dad's dog pumpkin
My mask pumpkin
Lit and ready for show time
Tahoe & Ashley, waiting for the trick-or-treaters

Once the pumpkins were lit and ready to go, I put Tahoe in his bumble bee costume.  He looked so cute and he was very good.  We probably had about 100 trick-or-treaters come through.  Towards the end of the evening, I gave Tahoe and Ashley a special treat - I finally let them have their pumpkin squeaky toys.

Ashley with sparkly stars

Tahoe in his bee costume with his pumpkin toy
What happened to the pumpkin?

Ashley, determined to get her pumpkin toy

No comments:

Post a Comment