Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fun at Fountainhead

Today was a great day for a hike. Brian and I loaded the pups in the car and headed out to Fountainhead Regional Park. I must admit, half of the fun of going to Fountainhead is the ride in the car with Tahoe and Ashley. Those two love to ride with their heads sticking out the car window. Luckily it was warm enough (60's) to drive with the windows down.

Ashley - she's such a backseat driver!

Tahoe loves to put his nose on the windshield

Ashley, on her way to Fountainhead

Tahoe and Ashley know the road to Fountainhead well. As we get near the park, they start to get very excited - they will bark, cry, and bounce all over the car! By the time we parked the car those two were so excited that they trampled me and bolted out of the car.

After a few crazy minutes, I finally got Tahoe and Ashley under control and we headed to the hiking trail. The trail at Fountainhead is one that I've hiked several times with Brian, Tahoe, Ashley, and with Babu. We hiked for about an hour and then we explored the park area and miniature golf course. I'm pretty sure that Tahoe and Ashley had a good time.

Ashley, at the start of the trail

Spotting something in the woods

Are you kidding - we've only gone 1 mile?

Tahoe chewing on a stick

Exploring the miniature golf course

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I fondly remember those car rides with Tahoe and Ashley. You captured perfectly how T & A behave during a ride. But I don't remember a miniature golf course. I would have used it if I knew where it was. BABU

    ReplyDelete