Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jumping Rope

Back in September, a Japanese dog handler made the Guinness Book of World records for the most jump roping dogs. (Who knew that there was even a record for jump roping dogs?) Uchida Geinousha, who runs the "Super Wan Wan Circus" based in Tsukuba City, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan was able to get 13 dogs to jump rope at the same time. Don't believe me? Watch the video below...



Those that know me best will know why this dog story captured my attention... Maybe I can teach Tahoe and Ashley to jump rope. You see, long ago, I was a bit of an aficionado with a jump rope. To this day, I can still do an "Awesome Annie" and "EB cross." I was actually on a jump rope and double dutch team in elementary school, middle school, and high school. Sadly (for you), I don't have any pictures from practices, competitions, and performances to share with you. *Darn-it* But, I do still have a few of the awards that I won. (You'll just have to believe that they are mine and that I didn't buy them off of Ebay).

A couple of awards from competitions

Highest placement that I earned: 5th in the World for Double Dutch

No comments:

Post a Comment