Monday, January 16, 2012

Three-Day Weekend

I love three-day weekends! I hope that you were lucky enough to get today off too.

So how did I spend my time this weekend?

On Saturday, I did a little baking in preparation for a dinner that Brian and I attended with our friends. I experimented with a new recipe I found here. (I highly recommend these brownies - they were scrumptious and easy to make!)

I decided to go on a hike on Sunday... I had to burn off those brownie calories somehow. I walked 14 miles on the Bull Run - Occoquan Trail. The same trail that Brian and I took Tahoe and Ashley on last week. This time though, I started at Bull Run Marina (6.25 miles up on the trail, away from where we were last week). It was a clear and cold day and there were several stretches of the trail that were slippery and muddy. To give you a better sense of what the trail is like, I took pictures at each mile marker...

Start of hike - Bull Run Marina

Trail goes alongside the river for several miles

Mile marker 7 (.75 miles down)

Eek - something lost their skin!

At the ball fields

Mile marker 8



Clear blue sky

Mile marker 9

I didn't know horses could read?!

Mile marker 10

It was cold - these icicles are proof

Hemlock Overlook

No swimming... uh, duh!

Pawprints in the mud

Mile marker 11

Mile marker 12

Mile marker 13

At mile marker 13, I turned around, retraced my steps and headed home. In total, I hiked for 4 hours and 30 minutes. (The picture taking and mud slowed me down a bit.)

As for today, Brian and I attended a Wizards basketball game. Sadly, the Wizards lost (not really surprising given their current record) but, we still enjoyed watching John Wall play, and seeing Ted Leonsis and Gheourghe Muresan. John Wall had a record high of 38 points in the game and Brian got his fill of nachos and all-you-can-eat jalapenos.

On our way to the Verizon Center - they reminded me of Tahoe & Ashley

Brian, in jalapeno heaven!

Wizards & Rockets warm-up

Half-time dancing balloon guys

No comments:

Post a Comment