Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Today we took a walk by the lake. It was 50 degrees, overcast and dry. Along the way, Ashley found several surprises.  The first was an apple.  The apple was sliced and sitting on a pile of leaves in the woods.  Next, she found a slice of white bread.  The bread was laying on top of a tree stump.  Then she found another piece of bread; it was half of a slice and it was on the ground.  She also found m&m's - red and green, scattered around a tree.  Unfortunately, the last item she found is the one that she swallowed... a piece of chewed green gum that had been tossed onto a pile of leaves. Yuck! Needless to say, it was a strange walk.

For dinner, I gave Tahoe and Ashley a special Thanksgiving Turducken, a canned dog food with turkey, duck, and chicken. They also received a few extra bites of the turkey breast that I cooked.  (I cooked a 3 lb turkey breast. Brian usually cooks 20+ lbs of turkey for us on Thanksgiving!)

Mr. Turkey Head

Although I can't spend this turkey day with my husband, I am thankful for my home, health, family and beautiful dogs. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tahoe and Ashley, sharing an Eskimo Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment