Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Double the Fun

This morning's walk was dark and rainy.  Surprisingly though it was mild and 50 degrees.  I was a little overdressed with my Winnie the Pooh winter hat but at least the hat kept my head and ears dry. When we arrived at the lake, Tahoe took off bounding up and down the nearby hills.  (For a 10+ year old dog, he's quite impressive to watch!) Ashley stayed close and walked on the dark path with me.  At one point, I heard a strange noise coming from the woods that sounded like a cross between a baby and a bird.  It was pretty spooky and it made my spine shiver. Luckily, I'm happy to report that we did not encounter any creepy monsters.

Ashley, looking towards the source of the creepy noise

Can you find Tahoe in the darkness?

This was the brightest that it got on our morning walk. Can you find Tahoe now?

Why "double the fun?"
Well, I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon which allowed me to come home early from work today.  I surprised Tahoe and Ashley with an afternoon walk at 4:45pm.  Two walks on a weekday - yay!  Unfortunately, both walks were mostly in darkness due to the rainy and overcast weather. But, that little detail didn't seem to bother Tahoe or Ashley.

Tomorrow's weather is predicted to be windy and rainier with scattered thunderstorms.  We might just have to settle for playing ball inside.... we'll see.

By the way, I just saw a great Hoya's basketball game go into overtime.
Final score: Georgetown 111 - Missouri 102
Go Hoyas!

No comments:

Post a Comment